Monday, October 25, 2010

Welcome To The Big Show...........

So here it goes, my venture into the wonderful world of the blogosphere.  I guess for starters I should introduce myself.  I'm in my early 30's and like many other members of my generation am feeling my way through life as best I can.  I'm well educated, though none of it was in English or Literature.  At least not beyond that which I was required to take in order to graduate.  I've never considered myself a writer. But as they say any monkey that can type can write a blog. So here I go.


I consider myself a pretty typical guy.  I like sports. Mostly football, baseball, hockey and soccer.  I'd probably devote this to them if there weren't already 1000 of those out there written by people who put WAY more time into this than I think I'm ready or willing to do.  I may stray into the occasional complaint here and there on that topic, but hope to not do so to often.  I'm a bit of a geek. I have a love for movies, music, and the outdoors.  Having grown up in the Pacific Northwest I guess that last part just comes with the territory.  I am comfortable out hiking for the day or taking in a show and nice dinner in the city.  


As for what I want this to be. I think I'm just going to take my time and figure that one out.  My intention is to write every day, but it may take longer than for inspiration to strike me at times. Though starting out I guess there won't be much pressure since no one will really be reading it.  I want to talk about life, love and the things that happen to us along the way. Maybe that's to generic a starting point but I guess it'll have to do for now.  I have no dreams of being a famous writer or of somehow spinning this into a book deal.  Though if anyone who comes across this happens to have the hook up for a gig writing with Aaron Sorkin or Joss Whedon I'll gladly accept it.  Due to the unlikely nature of that, I won't be holding my breath. 


For the sake of anonymity I won't reveal my name.  That may happen at some point but here at the beginning of this my plan is to have this be more a secret identity thing.  Not so much for the usual reasons for a secret identity.  More so that I can say what I need to and share my opinions on things without those who may no necessarily agree with my perspective tracking me down later.  This way it's just a guy with a blog and no one gets their feelings hurt in the process.  If you disagree with me on something feel free to let me know. I'm always up for a good debate.  


I welcome input along the way as well as questions.  After all that's the entire point of this format is the interaction portion of the program.  So I look forward to that.  Once someone actually reads this that is.  Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment