Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"Marking the time.........."

Greetings again all those who find their way to my humble corner of the blogosphere.  I've even managed to come up with something two days in a row now so I've got a bit of a hitting streak going.  Though now that I've talked about it, I've probably gone and blown it.  I'll do my best to keep the creative juices flowing as long as you people come back looking for more.  

As far as today is concerned it's the anniversary or birthday of my musings on here. I'm not sure which one to go with though I suppose either works equally well.  It was a year ago that I logged my first post on here. I started off strong but faded a bit. I'm hoping with year two I'll have a bit more staying power.  

A lot has happened within that time frame.  With that time passing it certainly gives us a lot to look back on. As far as this space is concerned, I'm choosing to focus more on moving forward. On expanding this endeavor and truly hitting my stride. 

I definitely don't want to turn this into a political blog, though as a sort of P.S. to yesterdays post when Pat Robertson of all people calls the GOP to extreme you have to love the irony just a little bit. It's really a pot calling the kettle black situation. Not that he isn't right, but still. Was at least good for a quality laugh.  Well that and Rick Perry's "genius" 20% flat tax idea.  I'll let Colbert and Stewart handle the jokes on that one.  I just keep waiting for him to think he's Steve Perry and break into "Open Arms."

Things here in the 'Ham, while significantly less exciting, have also been fairly unfall-like lately.  The sun apparently hasn't gotten the memo that it was supposed to be on hiatus until somewhere around Memorial Day. The clear skies did make for a pretty cool view of the Northern Lights tonight. So that was a nice treat for my inner 8 year old boy.  

I suppose I'll finish this up and make way in my head for my next posting. I'll bid you all adieu and continue to look forward to the future. Looking back is alright for a short time, much longer than that you just end up running into stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment